Thursday, April 10, 2014

Behind the Brand: Chelsea Photographie + HUGE Photography Discount



We're super excited to have Chelsea of Chelsea Photographie on the blog today. We all know how important photography is to create a successful blog so we're thrilled that she's sharing a few tips. But the best surprise is the photography discount she's offering exclusively to Midwest Bloggers. This is HUGE people!

Location: Ames, Iowa

Occupation: Animal Science Student at ISU / part-time Photographer

Hobbies: Aside from photography—taking care of animals, going to concerts, shopping, and spending time with my boyfriend and friends!


I couldn’t live without my….?  Cats

When & why did you start doing photography? 
I have always been that person with a camera on them at all times, taking pictures of everyone and everything. Roughly two years ago is when I started taking photos, first fashion-inspired, and then gradually for friends and interested clients professionally.

What’s your favorite thing about photography? 
People are always telling me to put my camera down and enjoy the moment, but I find that the best part of photography is years later being able to have the ability to physically see a memory that I enjoyed so much.

When you’re not snapping pictures, what can you be found doing? 
Probably being around animals. My life revolves around them in every aspect.

What kind of Camera do you use? Lens? 
Canon T3I Rebel - 50mm f/1.8, or Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8

What’s the best piece of photography advice you can offer a blogger? 
Embrace YOUR personal style. It's your vision for a reason and comparing yourself to other people will do no good. Pick up the camera and take pictures of anything and everything. Always be your own competition.


How do you edit your photos? Any tips you can share? 
Each photo is different, but generally I like to stick to what is true to the photo (no crazy color converting or wild effects). My best advice is to practice editing on pictures you find online. Sometimes "playing" with other images can give you a different perspective.

What is the biggest mistake people make in photography? How can they fix this? 
Don't expect perfection immediately. Photography is an art that constantly improves and changes as you grow and learn. Be patient and again, don't compare your work to the work of others.


Do you have a website?  
www.chelseaphotographie.weebly.com

What’s the best way to contact you? 
Via the contact form on my website!

We hear you’re offering one heck of a Midwest Blogger’s photography deal…. Yes! I am offering a very special price of $30 dollars for every blogger session. This includes one hour of shoot time (Usually amounts up to 5 outfit changes) and edited digital copies of the photos. 



1 comment:

  1. YAY! An Iowa Stater :) So sorry about Veishea being cancelled :( Loved reading this, and your photos are gorgeous! If I lived closer, I would definitely book a shoot!

    ReplyDelete